April 24, 2020
Here are some measures to help protect yourself while using the Zoom online meeting platform.
- DO SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT by going to https://zoom.us rather than using the app.
- DO CHECK THE SECURITY FEATURES for Your Account.
- DO NOT share ZOOM meeting numbers with anyone but the intended participants. Require a password but do not post the password anywhere on the Internet or on printed announcements.
- DO LOCK your meeting. Once the meeting has started you can prevent intruders by locking the meeting.
- DO WATCH FOR SECURITY BREECHES during a meeting. Check the list of participants to make sure only invited guests are there.
These are a few articles relating to protecting your ZOOM meetings.
- Updates and changes are ongoing, so check with the ZOOM Help Center.
- Dan Goodin’s “Security Tips Every Teacher and Professor Needs to Know about Zoom, Right Now”
- Tom Wagensell’s “Zoom privacy and security issues: Here’s everything that’s wrong (so far)”
Courtesy of Joyce Benjamin, Resident Engagement Committee, Kendal at Oberlin
Join Email List
Want to stay connected? Join Kendal’s Life Enrichment and Engagement Email List to receive future emails directly.