Effective April 28, 2020
- Information that identifies you directly, such as your name, e-mail and mailing addresses, and phone number;
- Information about your contacts and activities with us; and
- Information collected using cookies and similar technologies when you visit our Website, such as your IP address, device ID, and internet usage.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide. We request your contact and other pertinent information when you contact us about any aspect of our work or service.
Records of communications. Our systems routinely log and retain records of incoming and outgoing phone calls, voicemails, emails, faxes, and text messages, as well as originals and electronic copies of letters and documents.
In-person visits. When you visit our office, we may collect your name, the date and times you visited, and who you were here to see. We may also use security cameras and other technologies to protect the physical security of our offices. If you use our guest wireless network, we may also log information about your use of that service for network administration, analysis, troubleshooting, and other operational purposes.
Other sources. We may receive information about you from professional referrals, Kendal Communities, sources in the field of aging services, and marketing research.
Payment data. We collect data necessary to process payments for events, and data is stored by a third-party payment processing service.
How We Use Personal Information
Kendal may use the personal information described above for multiple purposes, including:
- Responding to requests for information.
- Sharing information with Kendal Communities and Communities that are under development which are listed on the Website.
- Sending direct emails and mail you requested or that we believe may be of interest to you based upon the information you provided and about our programs and services. We may also send you text messages if you give us “opt in” permission. See section titled “How to Opt-out of Direct Marketing.”
- Inviting you to events hosted or sponsored by The Kendal Corporation or its Communities.
- Conducting business operations.
- Reviewing job applications.
- Operating the Website, including testing, usage analytics, market research, troubleshooting, and improving.
- Protecting the Website and operations against fraud, unauthorized access attempts, identity theft, or other unlawful activities.
- Defending, protecting, and enforcing our rights, interests, and property.
- Protecting the rights of and interest of our Communities, personnel; and others.
- Maintaining the physical security of our offices.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, and other legal requirements.
How We May Share Your Information
We may disclose personal information or personal information may be accessible to the following categories of third parties:
Kendal Corporation’s Affiliated Communities and companies for marketing and service optimization.
Third party Service Providers who support our business operations.
Compliance with Laws and Legal Process and Liability Insurers. To comply with applicable laws, we may disclose your personal information to third parties in response to a court order or subpoena. In addition, we may disclose your personal information, without notice to you, to government agencies in response to lawfully issued requests.
Protection of Our Websites and Services. We may disclose your personal information to third parties to enforce our Terms and Conditions, Codes of Online Conduct, protect our rights and properties, or protect the rights and properties of our guests and users of our services. For these purposes, we may disclose personal information to government agents, including law enforcement, private companies assisting with fraud protection or investigation, and our professional advisors.
How to Opt-Out of Direct Marketing
If you prefer that we stop including you in our direct marketing, you may notify us in one of the following ways:
- Emails: Click “unsubscribe” in any e-mail you receive.
- the number from which the text was sent. After you opt out, your phone location will no longer be identified, and you will no longer receive automated messages.
- Direct mails: Send a letter to this street address:
The Kendal Corporation
Attention: Marketing Opt-out
1107 E. Baltimore Pike
Kennett Square, PA 19348
Kendal maintains reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the categories and types of personal information we collect to protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please be aware that methods of electronic transmission and electronic storage are not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Therefore, you use our Websites and services at your own risk and we do not guarantee the performance or adequacy of our security measures.
Retention of Personal Information
We provide links to other websites, including social media platforms, only as a convenience to our users. The links do not mean that we endorse the materials disseminated at those locations. We also maintain an online presence on social media platforms. When you interact with our pages on these social media platforms, including “liking” our pages, sending us direct messages, or submitting other information, your information is subject to the data practices of these platforms. If you use these links to other websites or social media features, the third parties that operate those locations may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, content, or reliability of any third-party links to our Website. If you have any questions about how these third parties collect or use your information, you should review their privacy policies and contact them directly.
Information collected when you access our Website. When you visit or use our Website, Kendal and third parties we authorize place cookies and other internet devices on your browser to enable some of the functionality of the Websites and mobile applications and to collect technical data about your use of our Website. Similar identifiers are used for serving ads on third-party websites and mobile device applications. Different types of cookies will remain on your device for different time periods, including the following:
- Session cookies are temporary and only remain on your browser until you close the browser after using the Websites or apps. Session cookies facilitate the efficient operation of the Websites.
- Persistent cookies stay on your browser after you have visited or clicked on the site. For example, when you log onto our Websites or apps, a persistent cookie helps us identify you as a unique visitor and is used to remember your account access information and preferences the next time you log in.
The types of information collected include the following: IP address, internet domain name, browser used, operating system, device information, telephone number of your device, location, time of visit, referring site or application, files visited and time spent in each file, time and date of each visit, and email.
How we use and share information collected using these technologies. We use information collected by cookies and similar technologies to further our legitimate interest in building a business relationship with visitors to the Website and apps to:
- Administer and monitor the use of the Website and apps by measuring the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistical data;
- Store visitor preferences, account information, and deliver more personalized services;
- Enable third party advertisers to collect data for targeted advertising purposes; and
- Analyze the overall customer experience to improve our products, services, and performance of the Website and apps.
How to Restrict Cookies. You can control how cookies and other internet technologies are used to track and log your online activities in several ways:
- Manage the preference settings on your browser and device;
- Communicate directly with Google as explained at https://policies.google.com/privacy;
- Purchase a utility from an independent software provider that you install on your computer browsers to make website visits anonymous; and
- Visit www.aboutads.info/choices to learn more about personalized advertising and how to opt out of personalized advertising on your web browser and mobile apps by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance.
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided certain personal information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of that personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us as explained in the section “How to Contact Us”.
Such requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the email address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified under “How to Contact Us.”
How to Contact Us
The Kendal Corporation
Attention: Corporate Compliance Officer
1107 E. Baltimore Pike
Kennett Square, PA 19348
If you do not receive acknowledgment of your correspondence or the matter is not satisfactorily addressed, you should call 888-616-1054 and request to speak to a representative.