June 8, 2020
Springfield, MA is the hometown of beloved author Theodore Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss). Learn about the life and work of the author via the website of The Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum – it includes interactive features and references to our favorites: Green Eggs and Ham, Oh the Places You’ll Go, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, The Cat in the Hat, and many more.
Did you know:
- Seuss was Theodore Geisel’s mother’s maiden name?
- He edited the college humor magazine at Dartmouth?
- His first publication was in 1927: And To Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street?
- His license plate read “GRINCH”
- He was a talented artist as well as a writer?
Here are a few Seuss workbook activities that you can download and share.
Join Email List
Want to stay connected? Join Kendal’s Life Enrichment and Engagement Email List to receive future emails directly.